When we are feeling overwhelmed sometimes turning to scriptures in the bible is one of the last things we think about. We are more inclined to try to take everything on and handle it ourselves.
The enormous amount of debt, no money in your pockets, devastating news, unhappy marriage, bad relationships, the car breaks down, everything falling apart, the house needs to be cleaned, the laundry is piling up. The children are hungry, the dog wants to be walked. You’re taking care of the needs of everyone else with no time to take care of yourself. The heartbreaks, the pain, and the tragedies…. The list can go on and on.
You can’t find the answer to away out and you can’t find the help that you need.
The task is just too much and you now find yourself-OVERWHELMED and depressed. Can anyone relate to this?
The psalmist did and in Psalm 61:2 he cried out “…when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
In Dr, Charles Stanley article “How To Cry Out To God” he states:
“It takes both faith and humility to share our heart’s concern aloud. Crying out, then, is a way for God’s children to express trust in the Lord’s ability and willingness to help. By calling upon Him with such urgency, we also lay down our pride and any attitude of self-sufficiency.”
We cannot handle life pressures on our own. Only with the help of the Lord, can we find the strength to bear it all. Because if we stay with him, in due time he will lighten the heavy load.
When we study God’s word and believe what he said he will do, we can speak his word back to him.
When we do this we can be 100% confident that we are praying in his will. We can be 100% confident that he hears us. Because we are seeking him based on what he said and what he promised in his word.
In order to speak God’s word back to him, you first must take the time to find out what God wants you to know, which is found in his word, meditate upon it and ask His Holy Spirit to give you revelation to what God’s word is saying.
When you have God’s word within you, you have a rock to stand on when are feeling overwhelmed.
In the word of God, you will be reminded that your help comes from the Lord.
Your mind and spirit will be renewed because the power of the word will quicken you and transform you.
Most importantly you will find that you are not alone because God will let you know that he is always with you. Right there beside you to help you.
In Joyce Meyer’s article “How To Study The Bible” She states:
” We need to get into agreement with what God wants us to do because, as the writer of Proverbs says, these words are life! When you need an encouraging word, or you’re in a negative environment, it’s good to know that you can find life (plus healing and health) in God’s Word.”
When you begin to feel overwhelmed turn to the word of God. Find a quiet place to cry out to him and through his word he will speak life into your life.
God is faithful to lead and guide you.
Don’t let the feeling of being overwhelmed pull you away from God. Study the scriptures and let them pull you closer to God.
He is faithful to help you.
1. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
2. But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
3. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
4. For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
5. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
6. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
7. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
8. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
9. So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
10. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
11. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8
13. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
14. He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
15. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
16. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
17. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
18. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
19. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
20. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
21. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
22. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
23. So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
24. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
25. He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.
26. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
27. “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.’”
28. “…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
29. “The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.”
30. “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
31. “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
32. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.”
33. “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”
34. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
35. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Heavenly Father, I pray for every person who is reading this prayer and feeling overwhelmed.
By your power strengthen them and help them to make it through their day. I pray that you would render peace and a sound mind unto them.
Fill them with joy and gladness and cast all heavy feelings away.
Renew their mind and their strength with your word.
Come against every plan of the enemy to destroy them. Render his powers powerless and ineffective over their lives.
Lighten the heavy load. Show them the path to take. Send them the help they need and keep them in your hands.
Father, I know you are faithful and I know you can and will help them.
In Jesus name, I pray for them. Amen.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave me a comment below. It would truly bless my soul to know that you stopped by. God bless!!